Important changes to Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
The ATO Small Business Superannuation Clearing House (SBSCH) is going through some major changes in February 2018. We have prepared a summary on the changes and how it might impact your business:
- The current SBSCH system will be available to make super guarantee payment up until close of business Monday 19 February 2018
- There will be no access to current SBSCH from 20 February to 25 February 2018.
- The new SBSCH will be available from 26 February 2018 onwards.
- All of your previous data will be transferred from the old SBSCH system. There will be no need to input employees and their details.
- You will not be able to use current user ID and password to log into the new SBSCH system – these details will be supplied when you choose the new method.
- The new SBSCH system can be accessed as follows:
- Using an Asked – if you don’t have one already you will need to apply for one.
- Using your myGov account and logging into the Business Portal – through Manage ABN Connections.
- Through your tax agent (Roberts & Morrow).
- Super payment details will also change from the close of business 19 February 2018. Please make sure you make payments using the update provided.
Find out more on the ATO Community page where you’ll find a video for small businesses, sole traders and Individual WPN holders. If you need to register for an Auskey or Manage ABN Connections click here.
You can also review the ATO info flyer for further info and feel free to contact Roberts & Morrow if you would like further assistance in relation to SBSCH changes.
If you would like your super details lodged through the Tax Agent Portal, please let your accountant know.