Meet Trevor and Claire
Trevor and Claire are in their mid 60’s and have three children with partners and grandchildren. They have lived successful careers as a professional and a teacher. They are very keen to be able to live in retirement without scrimping!
Where We Started
A couple of years out from retirement we worked with them to develop a retirement plan and since retirement they have indulged their passion for travel without compromising their living standards at home. Their main concerns were:
- Will our money last?
- How much can we spend?
- Enjoying life!
- Helping our children financially and with running the family farm
- Inheritance – options for a recent inheritance
- Making sure that their family would be cared for after they were gone
What We Did Together
We worked with Trevor and Claire:
- Build a solid financial plan for retirement, which gave them peace of mind.
- We significantly reduced the investment risk that they were taking to enable them to be much more certain about being financially secure in retirement.
- We were able to reduce the amount of tax that they were paying.
- We worked with their solicitor to update their wills and put power of attorney and enduring guardianship in place.
- Helped to financially assist a grandson with by paying his school fees.