JobKeeper extension 2 – what you need to do as a business or not-for-profit
1. How to continue receiving JobKeeper extension 2 payments – If you are already receiving JobKeeper payments, you don’t need to enrol again or do anything different until after 4 January 2021.
2. How to enrol for JobKeeper – You can enrol at any time until the program closes, and you only need to enrol once.
3. The JobKeeper Payment scheme has been extended until 28 March 2021, see Jobkeeper extension https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/JobKeeper-extension-announcement/
4. From 4 January 2021 to 28 March 2021, the new decline in turnover form to work out eligibility for the second extension period will be available.
5. Existing eligible employers must submit the new decline in turnover form before completing their business monthly declarations from 1 February 2021.
6. From 4 January 2021, employers must pay their eligible employees at least the correct JobKeeper amount of either $1,000 for tier 1 or $650 for tier 2.
7. To support employers and their intermediaries that may be taking leave over December and January, there’s more time to meet certain JobKeeper obligations – see Key dates https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/JobKeeper-key-dates/
Please also refer to the attached JobKeeper 2.0 letter templates/checklists that may be of assistance to you depending on your circumstances (click icons or links below to download):