Australian Government Taxation Office – Article found here
7 January 2022
The Australian Government have a range of support available for small businesses experiencing difficult situations, such as natural disasters, mental health challenges or financial hardship.
Depending on your circumstances, they may be able to:
- give you extra time to pay your tax
- set up a payment plan tailored to your situation
- re-issue tax returns, activity statements and notices of assessment, for example, if you need to access government payments or concessions
- help you reconstruct lost or damaged tax records
- prioritise any refunds you are owed
- remit penalties or interest charged during the time you have been affected.
If you’re in financial difficulty and need support, the government’s small business debt helpline offers free, independent and confidential advice for small business owners. We also have the expertise to help you work it out. Contact us today at email@example.com